The mission of our show is to help our listeners accomplish their mission. Each Saturday we provide up-to-date technology information and tips on preventing technology problems. We also answer your technology questions and solve your technology problems from your phone calls, Facebook messages, tweets and emails to our show.
Podcasts are available on iTunes, TuneIn and ON OUR WEBSITE.
TIP OF THE WEEK
Staying Safe When Downloading Files From the Internet
- Never download anything from the Internet unless you have up to date antivirus/malware running on your computer or network
- Keep your operating system and other software up to date
- Be especially cautious when downloading free software, shareware and any software that someone has “modified”
- Google the name of the software and/or download site to see if they are listed as scams or web sites known to distribute viruses and malware
- If you get a virus or malware warning when downloading stop the download. Disconnect your computer from your network and scan for viruses or malware
- Don’t download software from email links unless you know the source is safe
- Check the download options to avoid downloading software that you don’t want
- Periodically check your “Programs and Features” to see if any software has installed that you don’t need or want